4‑H offers a variety of trainings and professional development for formal and non-formal educators. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on educator trainings and curriculum resources. The following lists current resources and partnership opportunities for Fall 21′ Spring 22′ in Essex County.
- This Spring 22′ 4-H is partnering with Apple Education Initiative and Rutgers Newark students to engage middle school youth in CS education programs. Out-of-school time partners can reach out to plan a site-based programs!
- The Rutgers Youth Futures program in partnership with National 4-H Council and the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, 4-H is partnering with community sites to match Rutgers student mentors to high school age youth!
- Essex County 4-H is partnering with National 4-H Council and TD Ameritrade to offer Financial Literacy programs for youth and professional development opportunities for educators. School districts and out-of-school time organization are encouraged to contact us to host an event together!
- In Partnership with Montclair Community Farms, The Empowering Youth to Engage in their Local Food Systems program funded in support of USDA LMFPP is recruiting local youth to participate in Farmpreneuers.
Resources for Educators
- For educators looking specifically for animal science resources, check out the Rutgers Animal Science Blog.
- For educators interested in teaching climate science, check out this site for downloadable lesson plans on Intro to Climate Change. Click here for resources on Polar Science and data science.
- For more opportunities at Rutgers visit our state 4‑H website.
- National 4-H Curriculum Resources